Monday 1 March 2010

Yarny Yarn Yarn!

I despaired in January when I gave up buying yarn until July so I could buy a new camera. But my self-control has been rewarded; I was amazingly lucky enough to win a yarn haul a few weeks ago, on a raffle on Ravelry where proceeds went to send a Raveler to do dental work in Senegal.

I don't usually win things, so it wasn't a surprise that the package took so long to get to me, cost me 22 pounds to get out of Customs limbo, and then floated around the post system for nearly a week before I biked to the sorting centre and got it myself. But I have it! And it's beautiful! Thank you so much, Bradymom29 for organizing this and for all the helpers and volunteers.

And now for pictures.

 

 
Gorgeous Malabrigo Sock in Abril


Yarn Pirate Superwash Merino Sock in Hard Cider


Classic Elite Inca Alpaca in Rio Red (on my husband's knee)


Flydesigns Monarch in Myst

Textiles a Mano Vail in Autumn (destined to be a pair of husband socks)



And a cute sheepy pendent!

Also a lovely skein of Colinette Jitterbug in Oyster Blush (which didn't make it on to the camera I'd given up yarn for before I forgot my memory card at home and the internal memory was full). To top it all off, it was a gorgeous first day of March and we spent the late afternoon in the park. So in celebration here's a bonus squirrel:



Happy almost Spring!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome lot you won! Congratulations!

Crystal (bradymom29) said...

I'm only just now finding this! So glad to see your yarn arrived and fun to hear that it was a welcome reprieve from your self-imposed yarn purchasing hiatus.