Monday 21 April 2008

FO: VK Cape Collar Jacket

The Cape Collar Jacket


Pattern: Cape Collar Jacket from Winter 2007/2008 Vogue Knitting. Massive pattern modifications due to the pattern being...well...extremely stupid.

Yarn: Harris Tweed and Knitwear DK(ish) wool. Took a while to get here (er, after it was shipped off to the US...sort of my fault. They were very gracious though and sent me the second order at no added cost. Very sweet! It wasn't too rough to work with, being 100% wool, and washed up very soft.

Needles: Knit Picks Options, size 4 for the seed st and size 8 for the cables.

Time taken: Exactly two months.

Verdict: Love it. Hated the seed stitch, hated the pattern, love the sweater.


5 comments:

Zia said...

That's really nice! Looks toasty and warm. ;)

I especially like the collar.

Traci said...

what an achievement! it looks soooo fabulous!
:)

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to tell you that I'll pay you to knit me a sweater just like this one! I even had a dream about it (and you told me you'd do it for free, by the way...). Anyways, I'm in love with it. Miss you!

Evnpar said...

PLEASE help - I've been struggling with this pattern for months - constantly contacting vogue and telling them how screwed up it is....i just can't figure out the counts on the front! I'm SO frustrated. I would be forever in your debt if you can help! abraham.kristin@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted this note with your experience. A yarn ad in the most recent issue of Vogue Knitting features the pattern and I have been looking all over Vogue's web site. They must have taken it down because of all the complaints. I'll stop looking.

By the way, it looks wonderful on you!