Wednesday 13 June 2007

Lace-Front Sweater Progress, Weird Yarn

I've been going a little dye-crazy, and I'm not very good at it, either. However, I think I might sort of like the accidental variations that come from not stirring things properly and having different variegation in all of my yarn from the same batch:

I think it might make for an interesting effect, though, once the sweater is finished. Or one can only hope.

And I don't really know what the heck I was thinking with this:

What does one name this colorway? Elementary School Carpet or Beagle Vomit? I just can't decide.

4 comments:

CaveGurl said...

I wanted to make that sweater too! What yarn did you get? I really like the variations. It looks like a designer yarn to me!

Ashley Knowlton said...

Thanks! I'm between sizes, so I'm using DK weight KP Bare and playing with guage. I dyed it with black cherry kool-aid. Hopefully the color will last, but I don't mind if it fades a bit. I think it would look pretty even lighter than it is now.

Knitcrazy said...

Your Knitting is Beautiful.. I love everything!!!

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

purlthis said...

Beagle Vomit ON Elementary School Carpet if you are torn...haha...I like it!